The Title of my Blog


In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Out of all that God created in those six days, I'm persuaded that he saved the best for last. I've believed God's most wonderful creation to be man for some time. Some might think it's humor. Some might think it's the sunset. Others might argue that it's animals. I think it is man. Well, mankind. Okay, humankind; better?

This doesn't quite jibe, however, with the self-loathing I have experienced for as long as I can remember. If humankind is God's most wonderful creation, and I believe it is, then wouldn't that make me a wonderful creation, too?

Day Six. A glorious day. A blessed day. A day when God looked at what he made and said that it was good. Us. You and  me. We are good. He stood back, arms akimbo, nodding. He liked what he had done. And he still does. He likes us.

And that is why my blog is entitled Day Six. It's a shout out to all whose earliest ancestors came into existence on that day. A nod to the day of creation when my most favorites in the world were made, and it reminds me that I am one of them.


Comments